Melaina Gasbarrino is a yoga teacher, reiki practitioner, and founder of SALT to TREE: a wellness brand founded on the principle that her followers respect the ocean (salt), land (trees), and everything in between. For STYLE Canada, Melaina often writes ‘how-to’ guides for living well. You can read her last one here.
The arrival of spring promises the reemergence of something I cannot get enough of: the scent of fresh blooming flowers. More specifically, roses. Besides being a pretty perennial, the regenerative properties of roses lend themselves well to the driest of skin. For an easy to easy-to-make facial treatment that’s hydrating and soothing for all complexions, why not try this DIY Rose Toning Mist?
Here’s some of its benefits:
- Rose water helps to balance your skin’s pH levels
- Reduce the appearance and cause of inflammation, acne, and clogged pores with its antibacterial properties
- Heal scars and cuts
- Minimize the appearance of wrinkles
To keep your skin looking and feeling hydrated throughout the transition to warmer weather, follow these four simple steps to create your own Rose Toning Mist.
DIY Rose Toning Mist
- Purchase a bouquet of organic roses (to avoid contact with chemical sprays) and break off the petals.
- Place the petals in a bowl and give them a rinse.
- Boil hot water and pour over the roses. You’ll notice that the water will start to turn colour and the roses will become translucent in only a couple of minutes. This is look you’re after!
- Once the roses are completely translucent, use a strainer to pour the byproduct into a separate bowl. Wait until the rose water has cooled before transferring it to a glass jar.
- Spray on your face in the morning, throughout the day, and at night for a refreshing boost of hydration. Your skin will love you.