We have officially made the transition to warmer, heartier foods for fall. For as much as we love the bright, refreshing, and often water-filled foods of summer, we look forward to the traditions that holidays like Thanksgiving bring around – especially the carving of the turkey.
We have been celebrating the launch of STYLE Canada’s IGTV channel with the Turkey Farmers of Canada who are helping us work quality, Canadian protein into school lunches, gourmet breakfasts, and leftover meals. In this series, you’ll find healthy, easy-to-make recipes with simple ingredients that you’re bound to have in the fridge, courtesy of our recipe developer, Cassandra Wardrope (otherwise known as @tomato_tomatoe).
Share your kitchen creations featuring Canadian turkey with us by tagging @style_canada and using the hashtag #ThinkTurkey on all social media platforms.
Thanksgiving is typically followed by a fridge full of leftovers that you’re probably wondering what to do with. This Toasted Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Sauce Sandwich is an easy and delicious option that the whole family will be drooling over.
Toasted Turkey, Brie And Cranberry Sauce Sandwich
- 1 loaf of rosemary focaccia bread
- ½ cup of cranberry sauce (If you don’t have cranberry sauce, a fruity jam such as fig will work.)
- 2 cups of leftover shredded turkey
- 1 8oz wheel of brie cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the focaccia loaf in half and place it on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Make sure your leftover turkey is shredded into pieces. Slice the brie cheese into ¼-inch slices.
- Spread the cranberry sauce over the bottom side of your focaccia. Place the sliced brie on top of the cranberry sauce to create an even layer of cheese. Assemble the turkey on top of the brie and place the baking sheet into the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the sandwich from the oven and add the sliced avocado and thyme leaves. Place the top piece of bread on the sandwich, slice into four equal pieces and enjoy!
Last modified: October 7, 2020