Since we are well into the fall season, winter is quickly approaching. This means taking care of our skin needs to be on the top of our priority list. We have been trying (and loving) these new skincare products and want to share our secrets to flawless skin with you.
One of our new favourite brands right now is NeoStrata. It’s Canada’s first cosmeceutical brand and they have developed leading-edge skincare technologies that are supported and endorsed by the medical community. Having flawless skin means leaving that full-coverage foundation behind and opting for a light to medium coverage foundation instead. We want to show you how to get unready with us for bedtime.
Here’s our Evening Routine:
- Start with the Lancome Bi-Facil – Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover to remove all makeup from the day
- Using a makeup remover pad, apply the Biotherm Biosource Toner all over skin to remove leftover makeup
- Next, apply the Neostrata Oil Free Gel Cleanserall over the face. Using the Clarisonic Mia Fit 2, wet skin and cleanse face. For best results: 20 seconds on the forehead, 20 seconds on the nose and chin, 10 seconds on each cheek, 20 seconds on neck
- Rinse skin
- Gently massage Pur Minerals Dirty Girl Mudd Mask onto your face to break down and remove all traces of dirt and impurities for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply Clarins Multi-Active Nuit evening cream to minimize fine lines, boost radiance, hydrate and promote youthful-looking skin
- Apply a small amount of La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Eye Care Cream
Since this is an exfoliating routine, we recommend doing this 1-2 times weekly, depending on your skin’s sensitivity level. If it is overused, the skin can become dry and irritated. Night creams have more proteins in them, because when we sleep our skin heals itself, so we need thicker creams. The eye cream (La Roche Posay) takes care of all your anti-aging concerns. It’s one pump, rub it onto your three middle fingers, and press around the eye socket area. This will help fine lines, deep lines, puffiness, and increase the skin’s radiance.
Contributor: Lauren Wardrope
Lauren, a 22-year old Canadian, has had a passion for fitness ever since she can remember. From basketball, tennis, golf, and everything in between, she was apart of it. During university, she played on the Western University women’s varsity golf team. She believes that working out isn’t purely physical; it should also consider the mind and spirit. She is on a quest of obtaining a holistic and healthy lifestyle by working from the inside, out.
Last modified: September 7, 2021