It’s almost time to make the transition to warmer, heartier foods in the spirit of fall, and we’re so ready for it. For as much as we love the bright, refreshing, and often water-filled foods of summer, we look forward to the traditions that holidays like Thanksgiving bring around – especially the carving of the turkey.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be celebrating the launch of STYLE Canada’s IGTV channel with the Turkey Farmers of Canada who are helping us work quality, Canadian protein into school lunches, gourmet breakfasts, and leftover meals this year. In this series, you’ll find healthy, easy-to-make recipes with simple ingredients that you’re bound to have in the fridge, courtesy of our recipe developer, Cassandra Wardrope (otherwise known as @tomato_tomatoe).
Share your kitchen creations with us by tagging @style_canada and using the hashtag #ThinkTurkey on all social media.
Back to school lunches can often feel daunting and tedious. These turkey and cheese pinwheels are anything but. They’re packed full of delicious lean protein and will keep your kids feeling excited for lunch time. Plus, when you eat Canadian Turkey, you’re supporting the country’s 500 plus turkey farmers and that’s something we can all feel great about!
Turkey and Cheese Pinwheels
Prep time: 5 minutes
Assembly Time: 5 minutes
– 4 large whole wheat wraps
– 4 tsp ranch dressing
– 8 slices of oven roasted turkey breast
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
– 2 tsp sun-dried tomato pesto (adult version)
1. Place a wrap on your cutting board and spread a thin layer of the ranch dressing (about 1 tsp) on the wrap. (If you want to make an adult version, spread sun-dried tomato pesto on top of the ranch dressing.)
2. Place two slices of turkey breast on the wrap.
3. Sprinkle on the cheese and lettuce.
4. Fold the wrap sides-in, (left to right), then roll your wrap until all the ingredients are packed inside.
5. Slice into two-inch pieces and enjoy!
This recipe was developed in partnership with Turkey Farmers of Canada